Monday, July 21, 2014

Geo 730: July 21, Day 567: Sidewalk, Redux

Okay, it's a pretty lousy photo, and the shadows from the fence when I was out taking pictures don't help at all, but here's the same stretch of sidewalk I featured five years (!) and a month ago. I've annotated just two of the more distinctive pebbles, but you can see the full deal here. That photo seems to have a big impact in presentations I've done over the past few years. In a field trip a month ago, participants found quite a few nice agates at our first stop, and were somewhat distracted from the geology we wanted to point out. No great loss, though. If they take away the importance of geological materials in construction, I can concede distraction from other rocks.

Photo unmodified. July 18, 2014. FlashEarth location.

No comments: