Thursday, August 5, 2010

More Good News

I don't know how much of this I can take: my inner cynic is screaming bloody murder. Elena Kagan has been confirmed. Now I haven't been following this closely. She seemed like a decent nominee, but I wasn't paying attention to the details of her testimony. I have come to expect confirmation hearings generally to be exquisite exercises in bobbing and weaving, with every effort made to avoid substance. That said, I anticipated that the goopers were going to throw another two-year-old supermarket tantrum: no, no! NOOOOOO! Screeeeeetch! I'm just glad it's over.

Also too, it looks as if the "Static Kill" approach to closing BP's Macondo blowout has succeeded. I had planned on posting that particular bit with the title "Ding Dong, The Bitch is Dead." But two pieces of good news in a day took precedence.

1 comment:

Dana Hunter said...

Saw the Kagan news in training today and nearly passed out. My first comment: "The Senate managed to accomplish something?!"

Sad how low our expectations have become.