Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Obligatory

It's 6 PM here on the left coast, 9 on the east... which means, I'm sure, most of you are well into your tequila shots (ewwww!). I'm late with these, but like most holidays, this is one I basically ignore. It's not clear to me what Americans think they're celebrating. A Mexican defeat of a French army? (It's not "Mexican Independence Day," whatever you might have been told.) Mexicans themselves don't pay much attention to this holiday. I have to admit, I'm powerfully curious if the supporters of Arizona's new "Papers, please" law are celebrating.

On the other hand, I have a well-known, if regrettable, love of puns, so here you go.
The Daily WhatFuckYeahAlbuquerque
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

1 comment:

Darius Whiteplume said...

Excuses to drink are never ignored by the general public. :-)

IIRC, Cinco de Mayo was started during the Chicano movement in the '70s. Now, it is a reason for white people to patronize their local authentic Mexican restaurant. At least Hallmark isn't involved yet. Or are they...?