Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gonna Be A Cold One

According to OregonLive, there's a frost advisory for most of the Willamette Valley tonight. After all the comfort I got from our abnormally warm January and February, the last couple of months have done everything they can to make up for it. Last night got down to 36; the prediction for tonight is 34... but variations of two or three degrees can be expected. A little more cloud cover than models suggest, and it'll stay a bit warmer. Clear skies mean cold nights around here.

I'm glad I went and looked this up; the date I remembered was March 20... but that didn't sound right: "Corvallis has an average of about 220 frost-free days per year. The average date of the last 32°F temperature in the spring is April 20."

Tomorrow is supposed to be mostly sunny with highs in the mid to upper 60's. I'll survive the next 12 hours. Still, yuck. If you are celebrating Cinco de Mayo, have one for me, think warm thoughts, and call a cab.

No comments: