Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bill Biden

(TDW) I'm sure you've heard the news of Joe Biden's verbal gaffe at the signing ceremony earlier today, and if you haven't, you will. Some sources are apparently trying to make a big deal out of this- I read earlier that Faux News ran the audio "repeatedly." Whatever. I happen to agree with Biden on this, and it doesn't really trouble me that he used some injudicious language to say so. The more I read about the final result, the better I feel. I still worry about the potential for corporate abuse of the US taxpayer, but it was clear from the beginning that for-profit insurance companies were not the target of this bill- that is, that they would remain viable players and a part of whatever resolution we reached. And they are, so I have no reason to act surprised or outraged. I'm just a little trepidacious, is all.

But that doesn't change the fact that this is indeed a big fucking deal.

No comments: