Saturday, September 5, 2009

Vulture Day

At first I thought this was sort of a gag, but it looks like it's serious: today is "blog about a vulture day."As far as I can tell, no one has picked Turkey Vultures yet. I sure don't know why...Well, yeah, there is that. But the fact is, you can make anybody look kinda bad if you're trying to. Check out this one. Tell me that's not one stylin' dude.
And seriously, if you've never noticed them in flight, you're missing a treat. Few birds have the incredible grace of vultures; fewer still have the ability to stay aloft for hours at a time with only occasional adjustments of their wings, and still fewer flaps.
Turkey Vultures seem to be pretty much everywhere in the US. Look up!

3 comments:

libhom said...

When I first say "Blog for Vultures," I thought it was a be kind to HMO CEO's day or something.

Lockwood said...

Hee, hee, good one.

Dana Hunter said...

Now, that wasn't fair to the vultures! LOL.

And here I went with other vultures because I thought everybody would be doing turkey vultures. Wonder if anybody's done them this year?