Monday, July 27, 2009

Almost Twins

I hadn't realized that Maya Lin was born only one day after me, on October 5, 1959. I have a number of connections to her. According to Wikipedia,
In 2000, Lin re-emerged in the public life with a book Boundaries.[15] Also in 2000, she agreed to act as the artist and architect for the Confluence Project, a series of outdoor installations at historical points along the Columbia River and Snake River in the state of Washington. This is the largest and longest project that she has undertaken so far.
Though the article doesn't say so, a number of those installations are also in Oregon, and from time to time I read articles about her project in Oregon papers. Here are some articles about Confluence: One Two Three Four, and a map of the individual installations.

She and I also graduated from high school in the same class, Athens HS, 1977.

No comments: