Friday, May 22, 2009

Yes It Is

I have never shoved a pencil through my cheek. Common sense, a couple of photos and discussion with others have convinced me it would be an unpleasant experience. On the other hand, if I was honestly unconvinced that it would be bad, it would be quite sensible for me to try it out. It would not be very wise to spend months going on about how it's no big deal, and that only sissies think shoving a pencil through someone's cheek is an unethical, immoral, and unhelpful means to any sort of reasonable end.

I'm a big fan of empiricism. And I'm not entirely unhappy that right-wing radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller seems to be a fan too. That does not mean I support torture or poking pencils through someone's face. It just means that it's good to have evidence and experience to support your claims and contentions.

Sean, it's your turn. C'mon, try it. You'll like it. (Not.)

(Hat Tip to Blue Oregon)

No comments: