Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Social Studies

I just came across the above comic at Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, and it reminded me of the following track from David Byrne's 1985 Album, Music for "The Knee Plays." This is a largely unknown, and nearly impossible to find, solo work by Byrne as he was taking his first projects independent from Talking Heads. And I just found out that it's been re-issued on CD with 8 bonus tracks and a DVD. Maybe it isn't impossible to find anymore. Between Wikipedia, Google, YouTube and something synonymous with "raging currents of fluid," you can find anything. The pertinent monologue is in the first two minutes, but the remaining three minutes of instrumental music are pretty excellent, IMHO.

This concept does hold true for geologists, in point of fact. Go on a few field trips. Eat and drink everything the geologists do. Before you know it, you too will be a geologist. However, it does not wear off. Even after the groceries are gone, you'll still be a geologist.

2 comments:

Dean Wormer said...

My god that's scary. I most certainly don't want to eat geologist food in that case. I'll stick to my history food.

Dr. Zaius said...

Awesome cartoon!