Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Used to Like Dodgeball

...when it was a kid's game in elementary school. (about 5 1/2 minutes)

Mike Pence obviously believes it's a game played best by politicians. I spent quite a bit of time looking for a full transcript, but it doesn't appear to be available yet. I intend to go through it carefully and cut this guy to pieces. I don't like attacking people, but this is intolerable. First, science is not- in the long run- about what you want to believe. Second, politics has been described as the science of what's possible. Modern republicans apparently see politics as the science of the impossibly irresponsible. Third, the nursery rhyme is stuck in my head... "POP! goes the weasel word!"

Either the republicans are going to die out as a party, or we are going to die out as a species. It's just that simple.

2 comments:

Dean Wormer said...

It really is frustrating watching science attacked on such a regular basis. I too wish the world we had was different than the world we have. That doesn't mean I get to deny reality to make that happen.

Micgar said...

I think you are right on the money here. People like Pence are pushing the Rep's into a corner. (I say let 'em!) Because the citizens of our country who actually read, want to learn about science and want science to come of age to help our country fight it's present battles-(health, economy, energy and the list goes on an on)and its people will see right through this veil! I am glad Chris M. is finally taking off the gloves in interviewing people like Pence.