Saturday, April 18, 2009

Caturday

Ozma is rarely underfoot, unless I have just come home and walked into the kitchen... she knows that means food. And she's so damned fast and quiet that this event almost always involves her getting kicked (accidentally, of course). I keep hoping she'll learn.

But one of her more endearing habits is her inclination to stay close by where ever I am. I have learned that if I get up to go to the bathroom and come back to my desk, I need to look around and make sure I know where she is. She doesn't appreciate getting run over by the chair.She has been appreciating the warmth lately. The last couple of nights have been chilly- down in the 30's- but I've been leaving the porch door open enough for her to come and go as she wants. She is still able to jump up onto the porch, which still amazes me: if I was able to jump a proportional vertical distance, it would be about 50 feet. Over the winter she has learned to scratch at the door to get my attention, but there have been a couple of nights I've gone to bed before she decided it was time to come in. In the morning, she was curled up about a foot from my face.

1 comment:

Dean Wormer said...

Can I ask about the name? Ozma is unique.