Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another Thing to Try at Home

I imagine this is much safer than actually drinking the stuff. I know it's much cooler.
(Hat Tip to Mock, Paper, Scissors- a great spot for political humor and satire) Also... anyone have any idea what the chemistry here is?

Followup (2/27): A commenter over at Tengrain's place says this is a set-up; the contents of a glowsick was emptied into the bottle, and the peroxide makes the reaction go. I suppose the best way to settle it is to try it out... that's science, no? I know one person who says she has all the ingredients, and said she was going to try it out (I have neither Mt. Dew nor peroxide, and don't feel like buying them just for the experiment), so I'll report back when I hear from her.

Followup (3/5): Ben says he tried this out last night, and it doesn't work.

3 comments:

Silver Fox said...

Very interesting, but haven't a clue.

Anonymous said...

I think it has to be the peroxide and the baking soda generating chemical heat. I think the 'Dew only provides color.

Thanks for the link and the kind words!

Regards,

Tengrain

Anonymous said...

I think it has to be the peroxide and the baking soda generating chemical heat. I think the 'Dew only provides color.

Thanks for the link and the kind words!

Regards,

Tengrain