Wednesday, January 28, 2009

You're Already There, You Idiot

...is what I was hoping Google would tell me when I asked for directions from my favorite coffee shop, to my favorite coffee shop, by car.
"These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route."

Well, I guess I should go check the ODOT website and make sure that the roads are all in shape, chain requirements and so on. Ahhh... but look, they also offer walking directions. "Stand up. Sit down." I'm not going to bother checking on how to get here using public transportation.

Oh, I couldn't help myself. Here's the result: "Your search for transit directions from 1563 NW Monroe Ave. Corvallis, OR 97330 to 1563 NW Monroe Ave, Corvallis, OR 97330 appears to be outside our current coverage area. Please consult our list of participating public transit agencies."

No comments: