Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Day in the Dead

Ben recently started a blog (waiting for more posts, guy) with his friend Brian (waiting for any post, guy), and the first entry was a light piece about zombies and "Rock Lobster." Just consider the image, don't think about it too hard. So I've had zombies on the brain for a couple of days... of course if they'd been in my brain, I'd be one too.

In one of those instances of synchronicity that I love, I have come across not one but two zombie funnies today, which in turn reminded me of some other stuff moldering on my hard drive. No word on what the response rate to these sorts of personals is, but I imagine that relationships formed as a result tend to be, ummm... permanent.And judging by that woman's eyes, death, coffee and sleep are not mutually exclusive. Coffee may in fact be an important component of zombie metabolism.Which in turn suggests that leaving cups of the hot, hearty brew around might distract them from lumbering after us would-be victims. Apparently, another zombie deterrent is cold weather, so I guess this isn't really zombie season anyway. At least in northern climates. Austin, Texas, though, is another story:

It seems one or more joker(s) hacked the road sign. The text reads:
"CAUTION! ZOMBIES! AHEAD!!!"
"RUN FOR COLD CLIMATES"
"THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!" Finally, today's Medium Large (front page) shows that zombies have a role to play in economic news as well. In fact, now that the "Voodoo Economics" of the Reagan Era has been show to have utterly disasterous effect, Congressional Republicans are moving on to "Zombie Economics." Free Kool Aid at the temple.

5 comments:

Comrade Misfit said...

I am so stealing the second coffee sign!

dguzman said...

It's the convergence of the entire space-time continuum, all controlled by an alien race of zombies from outer space!

We're doomed!

MathEpiNet said...

I serve as inspiration Huzzah!

Dean Wormer said...

If you want to read a good zombie horror book I'd reccomend Max Brooks' (son of Mel) "World War Z."

I'm not usually partial to books like this but it's written like a history book from the POV of a UN investigator after a zombie plague and is really quite a fun read as these things go.

MathEpiNet said...

WWZ is the awesome. The Walking Dead is a nice graphic novel read where the author has a realistic view on offing main characters. Zombie Survival guide is a nice light read and is in my locked trunk of doomsday zombie gear along with the homemade flame thrower. Do i smell gas?