Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fire in the Sky

The Wireless at my favorite coffee shop has been down for a couple of days... and I have some catching up to do. What's going on out there in the world? One of the first e-mails I opened, from Spaceweather, led me to a couple of cool videos, here. There was a fireball over central Colorado at about 7:30 pm local time, and two full-sky cameras caught it.

Spaceweather.com posts daily space weather news, and sends out e-mail alerts if there's something of particular interest happening (free sign-up). Other news in today's alert is that auroral activity is pretty high, and a nice Moon/Venus Convergence for Halloween (early) evening. We've finally moved into typical fall weather here, so I won't see the sky for more than a few minutes at a time until next spring. OK, I exaggerate, but not by much. This is the time of year I pretty much quit paying attention to sky observation tips...

No comments: