Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Space Opera...

...takes on a whole new meaning in this clip. Thanks to Dark Roasted Blend for this one. I just came across this site a week and a half ago, and it immediately ended up an RSS subscription. Many interesting pictures, some just beautiful, some weird, retro, spacey, amazing. You name it. Each post seems to sort of revolve around some theme, but it varies a great deal. Lots of links to sources and related stuff; sometimes just selected cool links.

They pose this as a question, but really, it's what they do: "Looking for the weird and wonderful things to complement your daily coffee ritual." And since I'm quoting them liberally (I guess most any time I quote someone, I'm quoting them liberally), this is what they have to say about the video: ""Positronic Duo" sings a charming love song in this final chapter of "La Nave de los Monstruos" (1960, info)."

OK, I've just figured something out... the site looks very different from what I see in my RSS feeder- I do like to link to both the post of interest and the overall site home. Turns out, the previous vid clip (below) was in this same post. As I have tried to indicate, there is quite a bit here; quite a bit in each post actually. This clip is one of those that's just so bad, it's kind of charming. If your three year old had drawn it, you'd put it on your refrigerator door. I won't say enjoy....

No comments: