Thursday, August 28, 2008

McCain Bingo

OK, I've seen this transcript more times than I can count now, but I have a good tie-in as an excuse now, and in case you haven't seen it, you should:

Even if you didn't see John McCain's interview this week with Jay Leno, you may
have read about this exchange:

LENO: For a million dollars, how many houses do you
have?

McCAIN: Could I just mention to you, Jay, that, in a moment
of seriousness, I spent five-and-a-half years in a prison cell. I didn’t
have a house. I didn’t have a kitchen table. I didn’t have a table. I didn’t
have a chair. And I spent those five-and-a-half years because, not because I wanted to get a house when I got out.
The above quote and quote-of-a-quote come from Hullaballoo in this post. The linked post provides a little game that everyone can play each time McCain gives a speech (really, anytime any Republican mouthpiece gives a speech)
BINGO! YES!! That's right: you too can reduce America's policy to a series of catch phrases and buzzwords! Part of the fun is that we are all invited to submit more words and phrases for this project, so if there's any more of McCain's (or repub generally) verbiage that is used frequently enough to get your attention, leave said phrase(s) or term(s) in the comments here or over in the original post. I'll start with "Drill Here, Drill Now," "Energy Independence," "Experience," "Determined [or] Determination," "Tax Relief," (used more than "tax cut," which is in the table above) and "Resolve." Have fun and good luck!

Update October 6, 2008: Holy cow! It took me nearly 4 months to get 1000 visitors, and I've 350 in the last few days, most of you looking at this page. Note that it was posted about a month and a half ago, simply because I thought it was amusing. If you really want to play the game though, one card won't do it. Check out this site for randomly generated cards (refresh to create a new one). And while the Biden-Palin debate has passed, who knows, the Campaign may allow Caribou Barbie an unscripted moment. You might want to be prepared with Palin Bingo cards as well. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: