Saturday, July 26, 2008

As a Cold Chill Runs Down My Spine

Last night I figured out how to "do rss," but I don't know the lingo yet. I'm having fun transferring my favorite blogs to rss feed, and picking up some new stuff. Funny how in 5 minutes of reading, you suddenly find you've got 10 minutes more reading than you did when you started. People are leaving me comments, I'm leaving other people's posts comments, I'm signing up for and visiting a fairly predictable cross-section of sites, and on and on.

I'm creating quite the interwebs fingerprint.

Then I came across this...

Dear Citizen,

As you may know, under the Public Screening Act, all citizens are undergoing routine checks for anomalies. We do so through the use of public sources only, aggregating and mining your digital traces.

According to our findings, which are accurate in 99.5% of all cases -- thus legally qualifying as proof beyond reasonable doubt -- we have come to the following conclusions:

(Read the rest...)

You really should read the rest. I'm not sayin' we're going to go this way. I'm just sayin' it sounds wayyyyy too easy to go this way.

No comments: